Maggie & Brenton : Wedding Pt. 1

All that mattered was the two of them.

Maggie told me in the weeks before the wedding, “I don’t want to sound selfish, because I love our friends and family and I’m glad they’ll be there to celebrate with us… but what matters most is the pictures of me and Brenton. As much time as we can set aside for Bride & Groom portraits, let’s do it, because this is the one day in our whole lives that will be all about us.”

God bless that girl.

Over the last year, we’ve come to adore Maggie & Brenton. It would have been a tragedy if we weren’t with them on the Big Day, and knowing that they changed their wedding date to bring McG along for the ride is such an overwhelming honor. From their stellar, fan-favorite engagement session, to talking about Maggie’s burgeoning photography business, right up to the last seconds of their wedding night, we just could not stop being excited for the road ahead of these two truly wonderful people.

Because the portraits of this bride & groom together on their wedding day were the most important thing to them, we decided to dedicate an entire post to it. Tomorrow, you’ll see LOTS of beautiful moments from Maggie & Brenton’s ceremony & reception, as well as some images of their amazing wedding party. But today, it’s all about them… getting ready, seeing each other for the first time, and wandering around Timarron Country Club just thrilled to pieces at the new life they’re about to start together.

Brenton sent over a beautifully engraved Marc Jacobs watch for Maggie to open before they saw each other for the first time…

I don’t think we’ve ever had a faster First Sight. Maggie RAN down that walkway to see her sweetheart!

Saturday may have been hot, but we had the most incredible blue summer skies…

Boy, you are wearin’ that suit. Ow OW! πŸ˜‰

Maggie’s sister Katy (one of my new favorite people) asked, “is it just me, or is Maggie the most beautiful bride in the world?” I told her I didn’t think it was just her…

I have to end with a shot that earned Mack a great big kiss. This is a real moment… no prompted laughter, no jokes in the background. Maggie & Brenton were just too happy to contain it, and he squeezed her really tight, and she threw her head back and laughed at the afternoon sun, and MAGIC HAPPENED.

We love you kids so much. We can’t WAIT to show you more of your incredible day… tomorrow! πŸ™‚

1. KSellers

June 6th, 2012 at 7:55 am

Their engagements where my favorite and I’ve been so excited to see there wedding! These are stunning last two and the shoe with the necklace are some of my favorites πŸ™‚ I love a good pick up the bride picture! And some of the bet groom shots ever too… Great job McG!

2. KSellers

June 6th, 2012 at 7:57 am

Oh and Maggie, your statement necklace is GORG!

3. Hannah

June 6th, 2012 at 10:34 am

I LOVE THESE! They are so beautiful! She looks stunning in her dress and that necklace is to die for!! Such a beautiful couple!

4. Cassie

June 6th, 2012 at 11:59 am

Oh my goodness those blue skies are to die for! Absolutely gorgeous! The last picture is definitely awesome. That is pure joy and love right there. Can’t wait to see the other half of those pictures!

5. Maggie Bever

June 6th, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Chelsea!!!!! I’m in Hawaii but I can’t wait to get back before I tell you HOLY MOLY THESE are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love u and Mack and am so so thankful that we changed our wedding date for you… Every single bride should be lined up outside your door. Thankyou so do much!!!!!!! Xoxo

6. stephanie

June 6th, 2012 at 2:38 pm

That last image made me cry. When you tear up over a wedding of total strangers, I’d say that’s a job well done.

7. katybever

June 6th, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Chelsea and Mack, I was looking through these and my roommate said it perfectly “whoever took these has clear talent because you don’t just happen-stance shoot pictures that are this amazing.” I absolutely love the way you capture both of their personalities and I love what amazing people you are in general. You not only take your job very seriously but you so clearly lead the bride through her wedding day without worry. Thank you for choosing to do Maggies wedding and thank you for creating such amazing pieces of art. You are both incredibly wonderful people and I look forward to seeing you both in front of and behind the camera in the future!!

xx
    Katy.

8. Liesa

June 6th, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Um. Magic? Definitely! Those blue skies are unreal in so many shots and I adored having a post of basically just them. I’m pretty sure they were destined to be your cover-models. Haha Awesome work–these are seriously breathtaking. You guys always meet my expectation of exceeding my expectations! (Hope that made sense.)

9. Nicole

June 6th, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Oooooh, that last B&W pic is GORGEOUS!

10. Lynne

June 6th, 2012 at 9:38 pm

— “When you tear up over a wedding of total strangers, I’d say that’s a job well done.” Absolutely! You guys are incredible – you’ve outdone yourselves! This post is breathtaking!

11. Abby

June 6th, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Well, it’s official. I’m speechless.

12. Maggie & Brenton : Wedding Pt. 2 » McGowan Images Blog

June 7th, 2012 at 6:01 am

[…] You saw the blog yesterday, right? The fastest first sight in history, and Bride & Groom portraits that are monumentally swoon-worthy? […]

13. Marybeth

June 7th, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I love the bride’s necklace and hair! Also, I think the pic with the couple to one side and just a little flat, green grass and a lot of sky and clouds should make the end of the year contest!!! Awesome!

14. Abby

June 8th, 2012 at 4:30 am

Ok, so I’m back to comment on my favorites. I love love love the zoomed out one of them off center right after your “blue skies” comment. Holy Moly. I love the B&W one of them forehead to forehead. Her necklace is amazing and her dress is absolutely gorgeous. I think the last two pics in this post are two of my very favorites ever. I can’t resist a groom lifting his bride… and the last one, Mack, bravo.

15. Misty

June 13th, 2012 at 11:48 am

Holy WOW, that b&w shot looking up at the dress hanging from the chandelier is PURE GENIUS, seriously!!! And OMcG, I could just die for that big blue sky shot of them standing on the hill! EXCELLENT work!!!

16. Mike

June 15th, 2012 at 7:32 pm

*stunned from pure awesomesauce McG perfection* HOLY. COW. WOWSERS!? Two words: TOP THIS! This is…incredible. Why did I have to miss this?!?

17. McG Family portraits by Mag+B » McGowan Images Blog

January 17th, 2013 at 6:00 am

[…] we were in San Diego over the holidays. We shot Maggie & Brenton’s wedding in June (see Part 1 here and Part 2 here, both are worth a look), and Maggie did a “McG & Me” mentor session […]