Mack Commandeers the Blog: Another Birthday Post

27. You might forget that’s the actual number, but it’s how many years you’ve been on this planet now. It’s one of those off-number birthdays that sometimes you don’t feel like celebrating– where you may not feel very special, or that any big celebration needs to be made of it. So maybe the NUMBER 27 isn’t worth celebrating. But you know what? YOU are.

You’re incredible– you’re hilarious, talented, beautiful, loving, and my BEST FRIEND. You’re considerate and kind, a mentor to total strangers, a source of entertainment for the masses… I’d sit around and celebrate you EVERY day, but today I have a special occasion, and I hope you feel ridiculously loved today. I hope the kids and I can show you how much you mean to us, I hope blog readers come out of the woodwork to tell you how fabulous you are (hint, hint, internet!), and I hope this day can shape up to be exactly the day you’d want it to be.

So while you may not remember whether you’re 27 or 28, I hope that in a few years, you can remember that your twenty-somethings were kindof amazing, and people loved you. Happy birthday, sweetheart!

1. amy

May 6th, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I am a couple days late it looks like. but Chelsea happy happy birthday!! what an amazing and talented person you are. you are great at making people feel special and I hope you felt and feel extra special all week for your birthday!
    have a great day!

2. bobbileigh

May 7th, 2013 at 6:35 am

Happy Birthday Chelsea, hope you have an amazing day, you deserve it. Mack, this blog is so sweet!

3. Geanna Chisholm

May 7th, 2013 at 7:37 am

Happy, happy birthday to a sweet and entertaining lady!!! What a PERFECT blog post Mack. Chelsea – you are loved!

4. Monica

May 7th, 2013 at 8:24 am

What a sweet message to your wife, Mack!!
    Happy birthday, Chelsea!!! I hope your day is filled with blessings, love, and FUN!!!!

5. Bethe @ Texas Lovely

May 7th, 2013 at 8:28 am

Happy birthday hot mama! PS–an important rule for next time you forget your ag: when in doubt, always round down. Same goes with weight and the cost of a cute new dress.

6. Claire

May 7th, 2013 at 9:25 am

Happy birthday Chelsea!

7. Carrie

May 7th, 2013 at 9:27 am

Yep! Happy Birthday!!!

8. Jennifer

May 7th, 2013 at 9:27 am

Happy Birthday Chelsea. I’ve been following you guys for a long time. Your work is inspiring and it’s nice to see that your relationship is also inspiring. I’ve been married to my hubby for 7 years and we work together sometimes. It’s awesome to have your partner in business be your partner in life too. Have a great birthday week.

9. Tara

May 7th, 2013 at 9:28 am

Happy Birthday, Chelsea! You are amazing! I’m in awe of your photography, the way you live life, and your relationship with your amazing husband. Thank you for sharing it with all of us!

10. Vicky

May 7th, 2013 at 9:29 am

I have never met you but been following your blog for about a year and have been in contact with you for a school assignment. I know from the few interactions we have had that Mack is right on with his description!! I hope you have a wonderful, happy birthday and that the sun is shining down on you today!

11. Ambo

May 7th, 2013 at 9:32 am

Happy Birthday my dear friend! I hope its the most amazing day!

12. Toi

May 7th, 2013 at 9:58 am

I hope you have the happiest birthday ever! You deserve it. Thanks for being someone to look up to. 🙂

13. Trish B.

May 7th, 2013 at 10:00 am

well isn’t Mack just the cat’s meow… Happy birthday, sweet girl! You absolutely deserve to be celebrated.

14. Angie

May 7th, 2013 at 10:05 am

Awwwww, so sweet!!! Happy birthday dear Chelsea! I hope it’s absolutely wonderful 🙂

15. Adria

May 7th, 2013 at 10:17 am

You ARE fabulous! You deserve every bit of the success you’ve achieved and so much more. Happy birthday!!

16. ann

May 7th, 2013 at 10:33 am

Hope you have a fabulous day! Happy Birthday!

17. melissa

May 7th, 2013 at 10:37 am

Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!!! I have followed your work and it just brightens my day. I hope that all the birthday wishes brighten your day just as much.

18. Jenn Aviles

May 7th, 2013 at 10:40 am

Mack is right! Who cares about the number! Celebrate YOU! Happy birthday, Chelsea!

And good job, Mack! Love the blog post!

19. Carley Cannon

May 7th, 2013 at 10:44 am

Happy Happy Birthday! I hope you have the BEST day!

20. Rikki

May 7th, 2013 at 11:15 am

Happy Happy Birthday!!

21. Amber B.

May 7th, 2013 at 11:18 am

Happy Birthday to an amazing and funny gal!! You are great!! I’m so happy I met you for my maternity photos!! It was a pretty crazy morning lol! But it was worth the wait to see the after pics!! Enjoy your day girl!!

22. MaryAnn

May 7th, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I’m sorry, but 27 is important. That’s the next birthday for my eldest and I already thought 1986 was one awesome year. Now, I have another reason to think it was so. 🙂

23. Kevin

May 7th, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Happy birthday!!! Looking forward to hanging out with you guys soon!!!

24. Will

May 7th, 2013 at 7:17 pm

When we met y’all I never knew we’d get to live life with you guys and celebrate the big wins and see you grow creatively and become a woman that is comfortable in herself and the work that she creates and yet still take on challenge after challenge and SUCCEED doing it.

You have been there to capture Bethe and I through some huge chapters and changes in our lives.

We will cherish the moments that you’ve captured for a lifetime and our children’s children will get to see them thanks to you.

I hope today that you celebrate the woman that you are, an inspiration to mom’s (err my wife) that starting a business is hard, it’s a risk, but you gotta have the balls to take it head-on and laugh in its face as you run by. Chelsea McGowan #FTW

25. Mandaroo

May 7th, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Happy happy birthday! I hope it was wonderful!!