Grandmommy & Grandpa at the Big House

My Grandmommy & Grandpa just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary, and a few days before, I went up to their house to shoot a few celebratory portraits for them. Don’t let the title of this blog post confuse you… these were not shot in jail. 😉 We’ve always called their home up on the hill “The Big House”, and I can’t imagine we’ll stop calling it that anytime soon!

I’m so grateful to have their legacy of love in our family, and even more grateful to have them alive, healthy, and living close enough to have a fantastic relationship with my kids. It’s no small feat to stay married for 50 years… and even more impressive to still snuggle like teenagers.

Congratulations, Grandmommy & Grandpa! We love you to pieces, and we’re already looking forward to anniversary #75! 😉

Aren’t they adorable! I told Mack we have a lot to live up to over our next 45 years together. 🙂

1. Monica Farmer

August 20th, 2012 at 7:23 am

Chelsea! These pictures brought a tear to my eye, and I don’t even know your grandparents! What a sweet example of true love!!

2. keri

August 20th, 2012 at 8:15 am

I love the first one on the rocking chairs and the one on the bench under the tree. Beautiful.

3. Kathy McGowan

August 20th, 2012 at 8:17 am

I think your grandparents are awesome people and you did a great job capturing their relationship!

4. Melissa

August 20th, 2012 at 9:09 am

Love you Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Larry, great pictures! Happy Anniversary and many more!

5. Amanda Johnson

August 20th, 2012 at 9:11 am

Alright, you know I’m not much of a commenter anymore, but these just touched my heart. I can’t tell you how nice it is to be reminded that love can last. (If you work on it, of course!)I know they’re not stunning or creative as many of the pieces on here (which are fabulous, I am in NO WAY degrading those), but these are hands down my favorite shots . . . well, pretty much ever. (And yes, I’m totally biased due to the subject matter and story)

6. Megan Gray

August 20th, 2012 at 10:05 am

These are all amazing. Congratulations to your grandparents on such an amazing accomplishment. They look to be so in love still. What a great example for your children.

7. Ann

August 20th, 2012 at 10:44 am

These are some of my favorite pics ever too – there is just nothing like enduring love. And nobody captures it like you do. Speaking from experience it is so amazing to have those examples to live up to – it keeps you accountable. Seeing these I really hope you and Mack are still working when Jay and I hit that mark…and Jay and I are still around to see YOU hit that mark!!

8. Tiania

August 20th, 2012 at 10:53 am

Wonderful pictures!! You can see that they are still very much in love, best wishes to them and wish them so many more anniversaries to come!!

9. Mandaroo

August 20th, 2012 at 11:40 am

Absolutely precious! I love these so much!

10. Angie

August 20th, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Ok, so I’m not the only one – I think these are my favorite couples-celebration photos, ever. I love the ones of them on the porch, in the rocking chairs! So much love, and such an inspiration 🙂

11. Ambo

August 20th, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I love love love these!!! I love those 2 like crazy, they are an inspiration to us all!

12. bobbileigh

August 20th, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I wish I had an example of marriage like this in my family! I love all of these, but think the bench picture is my fave!

13. Robin

August 20th, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Absolutley love the pics, but love your family so much more! Thanks for sharing!

14. Stephanie Moore Hager

August 20th, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Absolutely lovely! 50 years! Congratulations Auntie C & Company we love you both and all that you stand for!

15. debbie haggard

August 21st, 2012 at 4:05 pm

1. I WANT that gorgeous house with its CLEAN windows !!
    2. ‘The Big House’ is also the nickname of the University of Michigan football stadium; so no worries about the other kind!
    3. Beautiful pictures! Congratulations to your grandparents!

16. Kevin Berg

August 21st, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Love! Just plain out love this!

17. Halley

August 23rd, 2012 at 2:59 am

Oh my sweet goodness! This is the epitome of what I want my marriage to be like in 50 years from now! I snuggle my husband like she snuggles him leaning on the fence, and on the bench under the tree! What wonderful role models of a love that with stands 50 years for you and your children! Once again job well done on capturing heart felt moments!

18. Liesa

August 26th, 2012 at 8:12 pm

This just makes my heart so happy! Congratulations to them on their legacy of love!